General call identifier: 5ginfire-1-2 – 1st 5GINFIRE Open Call ‑ phase 2 “Initial experiments and additional functionalities and infrastructures for experimentation”
Submission deadline: 19 September 2018 at 17:00 Brussels local time
Mandatory feasibility check deadline: 12 September 2018 at 17:00 Brussels local time
The main technical objective of 5GinFIRE is to build and operate an open and extensible 5G NFV-based reference (Open5G-NFV) ecosystem of experimental facilities that not only integrates existing FIRE facilities with new vertical-specific ones, but also lays down the foundations for instantiating fully softwarized architectures of vertical industries and experimenting with them. The initial instantiation of the Open5G-NFV ecosystem was targeted to the automotive vertical industry requirements, addressed across state-of-the-art 5G infrastructures. However, it is as generic as possible in order to host other verticals applications.
In alignment with the overall project objectives 5GINFIRE is organising a competitive open call targeting external organisations, including industry, SMEs, research institutions, and academia, interested in performing experiments on the top of the infrastructure provided by 5GinFIRE. In order to further improve the 5GinFIRE ecosystem and add new needed functionalities for experimenters, the open call mechanism is used to involve third parties, which are able to provide the needed additional infrastructures and functionalities. Therefore this 5GinFIRE open call targets the following types of experimenters and facility providers:
- Category 1 (call identifier 5ginfire-1-exp-2): Invite experimenters to use the 5GINFIRE experimental facilities, taking advantage of the provided testbed features such as SDN, NFV and VxFs to test vertical applications
- Category 2:
- Invite open source developers to provide missing functionality that is necessary for the lifecycle management of infrastructure components that enable virtualised infrastructures (call identifier 5ginfire-1-inf-a-2).
- Invite designers and facility providers of other verticals to take advantage of the 5GinFIRE toolsets, facilities and best practices, and integrate new experimentation infrastructures / testbeds in the 5GINFIRE portfolio (call identifier 5ginfire-1-inf-b-2).
- Category 1: for experiment proposals (call identifier 5ginfire-1-exp-1), maximum 75,000€ funding per accepted proposal
- Category 2-a: for new functionalities (call identifier 5ginfire-1-inf-a-1), maximum 60,000€ funding per accepted proposal
- Category 2-b: for extending infrastructures (call identifier 5ginfire-1-inf-b-1), maximum 125,000€ funding per accepted proposal
Total of 375,000€ for proposals in Category 1 is available for this Open Call.
Total of 180,000€ for proposals in Category 2-a is available for this Open Call.
Total of 250,000€ for proposals in Category 2-b is available for this Open Call.
- All proposers must contact the 5GINFIRE consortium and elaborate their intentions in order to verify the feasibility of the proposals to be implemented in the scope of the 5GINFIRE project and to receive a first feedback on in the proposal planned activities.
- Proposals will only be accepted from a single party eligible for participation in EC H2020-projects.
- Proposers’ organizations can submit multiple proposals, but only one proposal per (sub-) category and per single organization (in total maximum two proposals from a single organization) might be selected for funding in this Open Call.
- The proposal has to be submitted in English language through the 5GINFIRE submission tool by using specific proposal template.
For Full Open Call information, link to the submission portal, proposal templates, and further information – see menu bar on the right/top.
Contact: contact@5GinFIRE.eu The contact e-mail address is archived.